Until recently, the ranch home was the most popular home style in America. However, have you ever stopped to wonder what made this style capture our hearts for decades? You will find examples of Ranch style homes for sale in Clarksville TN at the bottom of this page although some Realtors in this area bunch traditional/colonial style homes in with Ranches, you will see some non-ranch style homes in the mix.
Ranch style homes for sale in Clarksville TN
The inspiration for ranch-style homes as we know them today can be traced back to North American Spanish Colonial architecture. Like ranches, these homes often featured single-story options that were best for battling the Southwestern heat. Rooflines were low with wide eaves. These homes were often U-shaped rather than straight across, but it’s easy to see the similarities.
The Classic Ranch home or Rambler has the following Defining features;
- A long, low-pitch roofline
- A mix of materials on the exterior (most commonly stucco, wood, brick or stone)
- Cross-gabled, side-gabled or hip roof
- Deep, overhanging eaves
- Large windows
- Sliding glass doors
- Attached Garages
- Back patio
- Single-story living
- Open concept living area, dining room, and kitchen
- Separated bedrooms (usually three)
- Full basement in certain areas
- Simple adornments and architectural details
- No stairs
With simple trappings and lots of opportunities for customization, it’s no surprise that ranch homes are still popular today.